Our Mission: BOLD Educational Software grew out of a desire by university professors to create educational tools that make learning easier.
Our mission is to enhance student learning while increasing positive student-teacher interactions in a high-technology environment. We are dedicated to keeping prices affordable to ensure that students have legitimate, inexpensive software to use for learning.
Company Profile: BOLD Educational Software provides educational software for masters and doctoral students and is a full-service writing, editing, and research-consulting company that specializes in helping students complete masters and doctoral programs and bring their research to publication. BOLD Educational Softwarehas a competent team with a proven track record of software development and sales, professional editing, and statistical consulting. Our team is committed to providing students and teachers with quality people who deliver the customer service you deserve and expect.
President and CEO: Diane M. Dusick
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology / Instructional Technology
University of Southern California School of Education
- M.A. Education, concentration in Educational Media,
Fairfield University Graduate School of Education, Fairfield, Connecticut
- B.A. English with concentration in language arts, Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Introduction to Inferential Statistics Digital Textbook, BOLD Educational Software, 2009
- The Elements of Research, A Thesis and Dissertation Handbook, digital text and accompanying interactive CD-ROM; BOLD Educational Software, 2002
- Faculty Computer Use and Training: Identifying Distinct Needs for Different Populations; Community College Review, 27(4), Spring 2000, 33 - 47
- What Social Cognitive Factors Influence A Faculty Member’s Choice To Use Computers For Teaching? Journal of Research on Computing in Education, 31(2), Winter 1998-1999, 123-137.
- The Learning Effectiveness of Educational Technology: What Does That REALLY Mean? Educational Technology Review, Fall 1998, (10)
Dr. Dusick has been a community college and university professor for 21 years and brings her expertise in educational software, teaching and learning, distributed education, and leadership to BOLD Educational Software. She has assembled a team of experienced programmers, teachers, editors, statisticians, and business professionals to serve undergraduate and graduate students by producing and delivering expert software and services with quality and competitive pricing.
For over 15 years the BOLD Educational Software team has been creating educational technology for the classroom and on the web for courses in educational research and statistics.
The BOLD Educational Software team is comprised of three divisions: Software Development, Editing and Statistical Consulting Services, and Customer Support.
- The Software Development Division includes professional educators and experienced programmers who develop and test educational software. The Software Development Division creates research software for teachers and students.
- The Editing and Statistical Consulting Services Division provides editing services following APA 5th Edition writing conventions and quantitative and qualitative statistics consulting to masters and doctoral students as well as professionals who wish to publish their research. This division also provides an online survey system for researchers. The division provides support for researchers in the design, development, and deployment of online surveys as well as analysis of data once collected.
- The Customer Support Division provides email and telephone support to customers and client schools. Every attempt is made to respond to all inquiries within a 24-hour period.
Thesis and Dissertation Editors: BOLD Educational Software editors are experienced professionals. Our grammar editors have a minimum of a Masters degree, professional editing experience, and most are full or part time professors in a graduate school teaching research. The rest teach English composition and APA style in undergraduate classes. Our editors are supported by a team of experienced clerks and junior editors.
Statisticians: BOLD Educational Software statisticians are all professionals with a Ph.D. or Ed.D, have published research, and are knowledgeable in quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis, the use of SPSS, Excel, and NVivo software.
BOLD Educational Software provides email technical support 7 days a week and telephone technical support 5 days per week. Clients may contact us by telephone (951) 780-6454 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Pacific time Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Friday.
Technical support emails are answered 7 days per week except Christmas Eve through January 7. Every effort is made to resolve technical issues within 24-hours. Technical support includes
- Installation of software on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista machines
- Correct operation of software
- Free upgrades to fix any errors in the program
- Accessing training and support materials
For technical support issues that are due to user error, there will be a $25 per call support charge.
Training materials include
- FREE USER MANUAL: available as a download from http://www.bold-ed.com/Manual6.pdf
- FREE FLASH TUTORIALS: Every chapter of the User Manual is demonstrated on the tutorials website. (New version 6 tutorials will be available soon).
- ON-SITE TRAINING: BOLD Educational Software personnel are available to provide on-site training to faculty, staff, and students (fees vary).
- WEB-BASED TRAINING: BOLD Educational Software personnel are available to provide web-based training to faculty, staff, and students (fees vary - contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
BOLD Educational Software is dedicated to ensuring you have a great experience with our products and services. When you send us your comments, questions, suggestions or issues we assure you that we will do everything possible to insure your continued satisfaction.
- We guarantee compatibility with your Windows 2000, XP, or Vista computer.
- We guarantee the quality of our software. We strive to ensure that all issues reported to us are found and fixed as quickly as possible.
- We guarantee technical support. We attempt to resolve every issue within 24 hours. If that is not possible, a technician will work with you resolve conflicts as quickly as possible.
- We guarantee continued software innovation. We provide free or discounted updates to customers who are students, faculty, or staff at participating schools.
- We guarantee confidentiality. We do not sell or share customer information. No employees have access to credit card information.
- We guarantee our editing services. Although we edit carefully - every document is reviewed first by a skilled editor and then checked and formatted by a second skilled editor - there is no way to guarantee that every element of the editing process will pass the scrutiny of your committee or the university’s dissertation reviewing process. If any portion edited under our COPY EDITING/GRAMMAR CHECK service has grammar, spelling, or formatting errors, we are happy to make corrections at no additional cost. This includes formatting of references, citations, headings, tables and figures, the grammatical structure of sentences, and spelling. While our editors make every effort to review content and indicate problems, we are not responsible for the accuracy of the content or for the overall structure of the paper. We are not responsible for formatting errors or grammar/spelling errors introduced into the document after it has been returned to the author.